A bundle of raspberry, white chocolate and oaty deliciousness! This is one of my little arsenal of tray bakes that, when I'm working, end up in my lunch tub to be eaten in unison with a yoghurt. They have an absolutely gorgeous texture to them with the kickin bonus of the jam and white choc layers. I would happily eat the entire 9" x 9" slab in one go! :) The basic recipe is another from the heavenly treat producing Mary-Anne Boermans's blog which, one day, I may have eaten the entire contents of!
- 125g Wholemeal flour
- 90g Demerera sugar
- 1/4 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch of salt
- 125g Unsalted butter
- 125g Rolled oats
- 200g Seedless raspberry Jam
- 100g White chocolate or White chocolate chips.
- Preheat the oven to 180c
- Grease or spray a 9" square tin and line with baking paper.
- Put the Jam into a small saucepan and heat gently whilst you...
- Put the flour, sugar, bicarb, salt and butter into a food processor and mix until breadcrumby.
- Add the oats and mix so that they're incorporated but not smashed to pieces.
- Put two thirds of the mix into the prep'd tin and press flat and to the edges.
- Pour the warmed jam onto this and spread across the surface.
- Spoon the rest of the oat mix around on top of the jam and spread out flat and even and pressed down gently.
- Bake for about 35 mins.
- For the chocolate topping you can either melt the white chocolate and drizzle or pipe pretty patterns when the bake has cooled a bit. Or, do what I did and tip a bag of white choc chips over the top as soon as it's out of the oven, leave for a few mins and then spread about a bit with a fork. You can do this with chopped up white chocolate as well.
- Leave to cool and then cut into whatever sized pieces you will count as having 'just the one' :)
- Eat (Just the one, or two...)
I also tried another version of these by chucking a tin of caramel in as a filling and topping with dark chocolate. They worked, and were very nice, but didn't quite have the 'OMG THESE ARE LUSH!!!' of the raspberry ones.
Right, kicking off with the obvious ones! The Flappy Jam Jacks with Down in The Tube Station At Midnight!
Pump it! Pump it! Pump it! Pump it! etc etc... Classic from Technotronic - Pump up the Flappy Jam Jack!
Whooooah.... It's Ram Flappy Jam Jacks - Black Betty!
Ooohhh, there's more! Pearl Flappy Jam Jacks with Do The Evolution! (Seriously, don't try and make these with pearl jam...)
Oh, wait, BREAKING NEWS!!!
...and more! Rolling Stones - Jumping Flappy Jam Jack Flash.
...and finally! Flappy Jam Jack White in his White Stripes incarnation with Blue Orchid.