Good 'ole banana bread using up all those over-ripe bananas that end up sat there because you're too busy eating chocolate truffles. A tasty moist little number this one with added fruit and nuts.
- 250g Plain flour
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1tsp Mixed spice
- 1/2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 50g Crushed Pecans
- 50g raisins
- 115g Butter - cubed at room temp
- 115g Soft brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 2 Free range eggs
- 4 Bananas - Over-ripe.
- Preheat oven to 180c/Gas 4. Grease a loaf tin - approx 23cm L x 13cm W x 7cm D. I also now use Dr Oetker Cake release spray which is bloomin brilliant!
- Sift flour, bicarb, salt, spice & cinnamon into a large mixing bowl, add raisins and pecans and mix briefly.
- In a seperate bowl cream together butter and brown sugar, stir in the eggs, honey and then the mashed bananas until well mixed.
- Add the banana mixture to the flour mixture and mix together.
- Pour into the loaf tin. You can add extra crushed pecans to the top now if required. Push them in slightly as they will roast pretty harshly on top of the loaf.
- Bake for approx 60 minutes, until risen, brown, and a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 10 mins then turn out onto a cooling rack to cool.
And MORE!!! Oh wait, no, it's Portishead - Machine Gun Live on Jools Holland's Later :)